There are a million and two different ways out there to earn bitcoin, from picking up a few Satoshi for filling out captchas on faucet websites, to working a full time job that pays in btc. But all of those things are boring. What you really want is a way to earn yourself some lovely bitcoin whilst doing something which is actually good fun to do. Like playing video games. It may come as a surprise to you to find out just how many different websites and apps there are which include ways for you to earn bitcoin – or earn an internal currency that can be cashed out in bitcoin – whilst playing a fun game. Everything you will find listed on this page is free to play – no deposit needed. I have also taken care to make sure that all of the games are fun to play and, preferably, require some element of skill rather than just straight up luck. As always I welcome suggestions in the comments if you know of anything I’ve missed off these lists, just as long as you don’t spam and only recommend quality.
Earn Bitcoin Playing Quiz Games
- SatoshiQuiz – With a prize pot of 1000 Satoshis for every question, this is actually quite a fun little quiz game with some interesting questions. There’s a good mixture between easy and tough questions, and you get one minute for each quiz question so if you are fast fingered you may even be able to Google the answer to questions you don’t know before the clock runs down on you. There are also regular challenges with prizes of up to 1 million satoshis!!!
Earn Bitcoin Playing Investment Strategy Games
- Spark Profit – (Repeated from apps section above because its available for web browsers or mobile devices, and certainly fits into the investment strategy category). If you fancy yourself as being the next financial whizz kid, earning millions as a city trader in London or on Wall Street, but you are actually trying to live off a dollar a day in your mother’s basement, then this is the game for you. Its a financial trading simulation in which you try your hand at making predictions about real financial markets, including digital currency markets as well as fiat forex markets. The better your do the more currencies you will unlock, and the more points you will build up. At any point, you can cash out your point to BTC or fiat! Perhaps on of the best things about it is that they will also provide you with tutorials and resources to help you learn how to become a successful trader. If you are one of the top traders you can earn up to $100 per month, but you do need to verify your email and phone number first.
- MyBitMine – This is kind of a cross between a bitcoin faucet and an economic strategy game. You can get a small amount of ‘gold’ every 5 minutes for completing a captcha: which you can then use for things like hiring more miners, improving their equipment, buying more minecarts, or buying gold ore. All of these things will either let you go longer between each time you have to complete a captcha to keep ‘mining’, or accelerate the rate at which you will earn whilst ‘mining’.
- Captain Pearl – You start this game with one fishing boat which brings in a steady haul of fish at a set rate per hour. You can sell those fish for different types of pearls which can be used to invest in repairs and upgrades or buying new boats to build your fleet, or which you can choose to convert to btc and withdraw. Unlike MyBitMine you do not have to complete any captchas, and there are also various side games and extra ways to earn pearls.
- Ore Mine – Another investment game based around faucet, with similar mechanics to MyBitMine.
Earn Bitcoin Playing Flash Games
- Tremor Games – Tremor Games has a wide range of different flash games, just like you would find at most good quality online arcade sites. Unlike those oyher sites, however, you can earn ‘Tremor coins’ for playing games and gaining acheivements, and when you’ve built up a large enough haul you can then exchange them for a range of goodies including bitcoin withdrawals
- Gorilla Bit Battle – Very simply, strangely addictive: throw bananas at the gorilla and get rewarded with btc if you hit him.
- Cash Clamber – It takes a bit of getting your head around this, but basically its a way to create and play skill based games with your friends for btc prizes – they have their own framework for making up your own games. You can also play anonymously if you want.
Apps and Phone Games
- SaruTobi – SaruTobi is a flying monkey, who you literally use to collect coins which appear on the sreen in this simple but addictive game for the iPhone or other Apple device. This was one of the original games primarily designed to be fun to play with the added bonus that you could withdraw free BTC, and it is still amongst the most popular.
- Bitcoin Flapper – An alternative to SaruTobi for Android users is this flying game in which you can challenge your friends to play with your in tournaments, and the winner is rewarded with a BTC prize by the game.
- Spark Profit – See investment / market trading games section above for full descriptions – the app is available for both Apple iPhone and Google Android devices and you can earn up to $100 per month playing a simulation of the world’s financial markets.
Get Paid to Stream
- BitGamer.TV – Play your favourite games, stream the action, and potentially earn a range of cryptocurrencies including Bitcoin, Litecoin and Dogecoin. Viewers can set you challenges (10 no scope kills, laptime under a minute etc) and offer prizes if you meet the challenge. Currently you might find there are not many paying viewers, but its a nice idea and would be a great way to earn if you were able to do so.
Earn Bitcoin Playing MMO & Sandbox Games
- BitQuest – If you are a fan of Minecraft then you are going to absolutely wet yourself over this. If not then maybe you will be soon, as its a fun andvery popular ‘sandbox game’ in which players build up the game world themselves. You make the game, you defined the story – you get control over everything. BitQuest is a custom MineCraft server which makes Bitcoin the in-game currency, which you can earn by mining, trading with other players, and so on.
- Golden Towns – Build cities and wage wars to win gold – this is an extensive and very attractive free to play MMO strategy game. The in game gold is a virtual currency that you can exchange for btc.
- Dragon’s Tale – This is an impressive MMO game with lots of character development elements to it. You can get free coins to play from various places within the game, so you don’t need to make a deposit, and then try to mutliply them up with a range of fun games.
Earn Bitcoin Playing Treasure Hunt + Augmented Reality Games
- BitRunner – Augmented reality gaming taken to the next level. This is a cross between a treasure hunt and an action game you can play with friends: not only can you find coin fragments by visiting the right locations, and piece them together to earn bitcoin, but you can also steal them of other players using cunning strategies. You can play with any mobile device that has GPS.
- Bitcoin War Lord – A giant treasure hunt game where you follow the clues to find QR codes in the real world, and scan them in to win Bitcoin or other cool prizes.
If you look beyond BTC to some of the other ‘alt coins’, or alternative cryptocurrencies, there are plenty more opportunities available. Of course you don’t have to keep those alt coins, you can exchange them for BTC as soon as you get your hands on them if you want…
- HunterCoin – This ‘human mineable’ coin is one of the original ways to earn cryptocurrency by playing video games. Its a massive multiplayer online game where you earn HunterCoins for each kill you make.
- Hyper & HyperZanda – Hyper is a PoS cryptocurrency designed to support online gaming, and one of the first games to integrate it was HyperZanda – a massive old school space strategy game in which you can accrue in game wealth in the form of Hyper coins through building, trading or warfare.
- Gamerholic – Another gaming crypto which you can earn playing games, and either spend on other games or cash out for bitcoin.
The best is yet to come. Some of the most exciting games are still in development – here come the teasers.
- CoinRPG – A massive action RPG game where you compete to be the best coin collector in the realm, and then cash out your riches for real bitcoin in your wallet.
- Spells of Genesis – This is described as a mixture between traing card games and arcade action. If you sign up now you will get extra free coins when they eventually go live.
- MotoCoin – This is actually one of the oldest ways to earn Crypto by gaming – its a motorbike game which you play in order to mine an alt coin called MotoCoin. In the past it flopped because bots started playing the game and making it impossible for human players to win – but they are expected to launch a new version soon which will address this issue.